Gender Bender #09




YSL Besace Flap Bag in Croc Embossed Leather

When I first saw this YSL Besace Flap Bag, the size and shape appealed to me. The design was in a messenger bag style, and the size was perfect in a 'postman bag' proportion. Great for guys! However, when I saw the strap..I became doubtful. Doubtful that it will work for a guy as it is really short. Apparently, I was wrong! I came across this pic of a real guy on the street using this bag in croc embossed leather and it immediately screams to me as CHIC! Oh wow. Now I need this bag! Furthermore, my 'L'Officiel 1000 models menswear spring 2008' magazine did list the Besace (although in canvas and leather trim) to be a man's accessory. So this just affirms that the bag works for a guy as well! The key thing is you just sling it on one shoulder instead of diagonally across.

In a sexy sky anthracite grey colour, with textured croc embossed leather, this oozes luxury like all other beautiful IT bags from YSL. Antique brass hardware adds a expensive vintage touch! Perfect combination:-P

There are many variants for this Besace range. But I am a fan of this croc embossed leather version in grey. Just pure divine! The embossed leather does look like the real croc skin. Now, I need to amass some funds to get this bag:-P Will check out YSL boutique this weekend.

Retail price: US $1995. Where to buy: www.ysl.com