My Shopping Conquest #02



Gucci Silver Trim Open Stud Thin Belt

I have written here before that I am a fan of runway items. I have been eyeing on this silver trim thin belt by Gucci for a few weeks now. Was not 100% convinced that I like it to the extent that I want to own it. However, after the Gucci fashion show last Tuesday, this belt left a lasting impression on me, it seems I cannot get it off my mind. So many things I like about the belt. I love the patent sliver leather trimmings contrasting against the black shiny leather. The many open silver studs and the signature horsebit ring buckle are also very interesting. A belt this skinny somehow exudes a nonchalant 'biker glam' look when slung on the waist of skinny jeans or shorts. During the runway show, this belt glistens on the models and i thought to myself the belt was perfect for evening events. Very eye catching.

Initially, I had wanted to transfer the item to the Takashimaya store so I can get my 6% rebate from my Takashimaya Amex card...and also use the vouchers I amassed to offset this purchase. But the SA whom I know might have not checked properly and told me it was not available for sale. I anticipated this would happen. Seems the SAs do not know their product range very well. So I head down to the Gucci Paragon store to confirm and to my suspicions, the belt was there, on the shelf beckoning to me. Wonder what the communication error was. Maybe there is an internal politics to see who gets the sales commision. :-P

Anyways, I want to avoid any hassle and bought the belt at the Paragon store. Decided that I forgo the rebate. It was not a lot of points that I can collect from this purchase anyway, so it was no big deal.

Only 3 pieces of this belt were brought into the store. 2 were on display on the mannequins. If only they had brought in more runway pieces, I could be a big customer for them:-P

Retail price: SGD $510. Where to buy: Gucci Boutique at Paragon