The Material Boy #50



Z Zegna Spring Summer 2008 Strap Sandals

50th posts on 'The Material Boy'! That means 50 things that I am lusting over since I wrote this blog. So in celebration, I am introducing a new brand, sort 'under the radar' brand, Z Zegna! The younger sibling of the sartorial big brother - Ermenegildo Zegna, Z Zegna taps on the more youthful and playful side of the Zegna man.

I don't feel the spring summer 2008 collection from Z Zegna is very impressive. But I love the white or black strap sandals featured on the runways! I think the gorgeous male model Mat Gordon (also face of Gucci spring 2008 campaign) sold it to me. He is a tall guy, lanky in build and he pulled it off really well. Perhaps it is the way the sandals is designed, the leather strap wraps around the ankles and above, thereby creating a high cut look which absolutely compliments a tall guy. Furthurmore, gladiator style(there I go again) sandals are all the rage this season, you got to love and own it! There is also another variant of the sandals which comes with metal hardware and maybe velcro fastening. That is so similar to CK Calvin Klein's design. Great minds think alike? Wonder who copied who. Anyways, another option for 'high cut' gladiator style sandals that rock this spring summer season!

(On a side note, check out those super flared shots! Reminds me of Balenciaga.)

Will check out the local Zegna stores this weekend to see if these sandals are available.:-)