The Material Boy #49




Balenciaga B Boston Bag

Here is one 'cute' grained leather boston bag from Balenciaga. Maybe 'cute' is not a right term to describe this very sporty looking bag. I described it as 'cute' because the size is pretty 'petite' for a boston bag. I would have expect the bag to be larger as men with small bags looked weird, especially a boston type bag.

However, I love the vintage inspired design with the stripe detailing. A 'B' insignia is also stamped on the corner of the bag. Made of soft calf skin, with a concealed ID tag slot, it should be suffice for carrying a pair of gym shoes and attire. Would make a handy day to day bag.

Club 21 men stocks the bag now in black while www.diabro.net has the bag in Navy (US $1452.63). It is lovely but too small for a guy my height. Lastly, I also feel the beige version is the better looking colour.

Retail price: SGD $1999. Where to buy: Club 21 Mens at Four Seasons Hotel