My Shoe Collection #15



Jil Sander Grey Patent Leather Sandals

Yet another shoe purchase I made for this spring summer 2008 season! And again, key runway item for Jil Sander as well:-) I am not a huge fan of Jil Sander and especially after buying a big expensive 'white elephant' (A copper metallic Jil Sander bag from Paris, another story for another day), I was skeptical about the brand. But when I lay eyes on this pair of patent leather sandals in grey, it leaves a deep impression on me that I cannot get out of my head. I made a return back to store, braving heavy rain and almost risk ruining my Gucci thong sandals just to get this pair of shoe:-P It better be worth my trouble and it does. I adore the sandals.

The diecut design on the simple piece of leather is very unique and clever. Makes it look strappy and sort of a modern take on gladiator style. I love it. Will go well with shorts, pants or suits as seen in the runway looks. Recently I also figured out a way to achieve the Jil Sander look at a fraction of the price. That is to get pieces from ck Calvin Klein (which is way more affordable) as they share a certain similar aesthetics in their design approach. Minimalist modern style.

This pair of sandals features no hardware and a small elastic band fasten the shoe comfortably to your heel. The patent leather is chic and adds some shine to your outfit. Comes in a variety of colours from deep red, white to dark navy blue. Club 21 men store only carry the grey version.

Retail price: SGD $699. Where to buy: Club 21 Mens at Four Seasons Hotel