The Material Boy #36


Bally Kensi Orange Calf Leather Travel Bag

The past few days has been horrid weather for Singapore. Downpour and wet weather that dampens the spirits of everyone around me. So I thought I will share this 'emotion lifting' Bally bag that I happened upon while shopping in the Bally store( in Takashimaya)last saturday. So here you are, the bright orange coloured travel bag from Bally in calf leather(very soft, I feel it myself:-) It reminds me of sunshine, of being cheery and bright sunny days at the beach.

This is however not your regular travel bag design. Interesting details abound on the bag. First, is the way the loop rolled leather handles are attached to the bag. No hardware at all! And it works, creating symmetry with the rest of the bag and giving the brilliant orange colour more prominence. The only metal parts of the bag are the zips and the shoulder strap rings at the sides. Second interesting feature of the bag is the zipper pulls. In burnished brass, the tab has a hexagonal shape and attached with long orange leather straps:-) which adds a classy touch. Roomy and ready to accommodate a substantial amount of your travel gear, get ready to be uplifted in your moods both from a well deserved vacation and of course, the brilliant cheerful orange colour!

Retail price: US $1195. Where to buy: Bally Boutique at Takashimaya, Ngee Ann City