My Shoe Collection #14





Gucci Brown Leather Thong Sandals

This ranks top on my favourites of my shoe collection. I have worn these comfortable sandals so many times as not only does it fit a lot of looks (especially short shorts and my python Gucci bag!), it is practical for singapore's hot weather. Strutting down orchard road with these sandals also gives off the holiday vibe, like I am vacationing in St. Tropez:-P (My dream holiday destination!)

The design of the sandal is simple and yet classy. Several thin leather straps are held together by a burnished metal ring with a leather and wood sole. A toe ring allows your toe to slip in, and a buckled heel strap holds the sandals comfortably in place. Reminds me of ancient 'roman' footwear design yet it is contemporary and relevant now. Usage of thin leather straps makes the sandals look light and sophisticated. Having worn these for a while now, I begin to fear I will expend the lifespan of this sandal soon. Last weekend's wet weather had it all soaked and the sole went soft...I had to run home to dry it immediately to avoid breaking the sole in two. Yikes, what a close call.

Now I will be taking good care of this pair of sandals so I get to enjoy it for a long long while.:-) Frida Gianini did an amazing job for her first Gucci menswear collection. It was my favourite mens collection so far. There are just too many things that I 'lust' and also own from this collection.:-P

Retail price: SGD $710. Where to buy: Gucci Boutique at Paragon