My Shoe Collection #12



D&G Dark Brown Gladiator Sandals

It seems my quest for gladiator style sandals bears some results. I was shopping at Forum Shopping Mall today and came across this pair of sandals at the D&G boutique. I was a bit skeptical if I can pull off this sandal as it looks heavy and chunky with all the hardware and thick soles. I tried it...and much as I was still unsure, I went ahead to buy them. I think largely due to the fact I have not seen ankle height sandals anywhere in Singapore and I had a credit note with the store (becos of a returned bag I bought in Dec). So I paid only a minimum sum for the sandals after expending the credit note together with my store discount.

So here I am...another pair of shoe to add to my massive collection. But I am still unsure, wonder why. I have set a style for myself(sort of a guideline for the look I want to achieve), and that is 'Glam Resort'. I always have a thing for vacation fashion in some glamourous location. It seems I am not feeling this pair of sandals as the ancient, rustic greek kinda gladiator sandals(which fits more to the glam resort theme). I feel more hardcore modern biker style instead. What do you guys think? I guess if tomorrow I am still not sure, I may get it returned to the store again. Yikes!

Update: I kept the sandals and am liking them more and more!

Retail price: SGD $739. Where to buy: D&G Boutique at Forum, The Shopping Mall