My Shoe Collection #20


Bottega Veneta Lizard Skin Sandals

I immediately love this pair of Bottega Veneta lizard skin sandals the moment it got featured as a must-buy from a menswear buyer in www.men.style.com. I had already own the crocodile version and thought this lizard version was even better looking. The same design principles have been applied for this lizard variant, crafted with real lizard skin and imprinting a lizard illustration on the soles.

I got this pair of sandals just before Chinese New Year a few years back(2006). Got it exchange once as I bought size 40 which was too small. Despite the inconvenience, I am always pleased about this purchase. Have admired it for many months, yet still have not gotten to wearing it. One thing is for sure, this pair of sandals feels way much more comfortable with softer leather as compared to the dreadful and painful crocodile version.

BTW, this design is no longer available. And prices have increased for sandals in this range.

Retail price: Approx. SGD $640. Where to buy: Bottega Veneta Boutique at Takashimaya