Sonam Is Very Sweet”: Shahid Kapoor takes time off to be with mom, brother

Sonam Is Very Sweet”: Shahid Kapoor takes time off to be with mom, brother

Shahid Kapoor has made lifelong friends with Sonam Kapoor. Back in Mumbai after a marathon schedule with her in Scotland, the first film Shahid wants to catch is Sonam’s I Hate Luv Storys.

Says Shahid, “Yeah I want to see Sonam’s film and all the other films that I’ve missed while I was away”.

Shahid’s domestic portrait cannot get rosier. He has just returned to Mumbai after a hectic two-month schedule of his father’s film Mausam in Edinburgh. He bade his dad adieu for now and headed to his mom’s place.

Shahid Kapoor

Says Shahid, “Shooting in Edinburgh was like a dream. The place was so beautiful. I felt I was transported to paradise. And then being directed by dad was a dream come true. He is like an encyclopedia of acting. I’ve learnt so much in the last one month. I tried to absorb as much as I could”.

Shahid missed his mom and kid-brother during the shooting abroad. “In fact, I wanted my brother to come over to Scotland. But kids of that age have their own life and commitments”, says Shahid sounding every inch like a concerned bade bhaiyya.

Now until the next schedule of Mausam in Punjab, when papa Pankaj again gets Shahid’s undivided attention, Shahid intends to spend as much time as possible with his mom and bro.

Says Shahid, “Not just mom and my brother. But my closest friend Sri also. He stays in Bangalore. I’ve invited him over to Mumbai to spend time with me, my brother, and mom. I’m now going to catch up on all the films that I have missed while I was away”.

On top of Shahid’s list of must-see films in the next few days is his Mausam co-star Sonam Kapoor’s first hit I Hate Luv Storys. Since Sonam was constantly discussing I Hate Luv Storys while shooting in Scotland, Shahid almost felt like a part of the film. Hence he is keen not just as a movie buff but also through his co-star’s infectious gusto for her film.

Also on the anvil are all the films where the hero has played a pilot. Shahid has already ordered copies of Martin Scorcese’s Aviator and Mira Nair’s Amelia. Shahid also wants to watch Rajesh Khanna’s pilot act in Shakti Samanta’s Aradhana.

But please, not Tom Cruise in Top Gun. “The comparison just freezes me”, says Shahid solemnly.