4 Steps to a Un-Perfect Life

How to Have a Perfect Life:
learn to laugh when things go un-perfectly
#1. Realize that Perfect Doesn’t Work


Why Perfect doesn’t work?
Perfect isn’t real. Tv shows are fake. Reality shows are fake. And as much as movies and celebrities make it seem that life is perfect, but ours are horrible, yuck lives, it’s not true.

It’s so easy to expect “perfect” from people and life. We didn’t get the perfect answer from our boyfriend or mom. We didn’t get the “perfect body” after taking the “magic pill” that some celebrity said is their “trick” to staying thin. We didn’t have a pack of “the bachelors” chasing us after we sprayed the new “attraction” perfume on. We didn’t get picked to win the contest that we wanted to win so bad.

Every time I plan a Glaminar and I want it to be perfect for everyone coming. Something always goes wrong- the sound doesn’t work, a prize didn’t show up, someone that was supposed to help doesn’t show up, the room is too small, the air-conditioning doesn’t work, the video guy doesn’t have the cables to play my slideshow. But I’ve realized to prepare for imperfection and be ready to say, “Ok, no biggie”. Yes, I'd like a perfectly normal looking leg, but unfortunately after my accident at the hotel, I will never have a "normal" looking leg. Oh well, at least I still have my leg, ugly or perfect, I'm glad I have it!

“DON’T TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUSLY, YOU’LL NEVER MAKE IT OUT ALIVE ANYWAY!”
HA HA HA HA HA HA



#2. Stop Being a Prisoner to Perfection

My name is Kandee Johnson, and I used to be a perfectionist.

Yes, I was paralyzed by decision making. “What if I don’t make the perfect choice!” “I can’t buy the black shoes, what if I realize I wanted grey!”...”I just won’t type  a blog, because what if type a dumb one.”
Or people would say,”what do you feel like eating?”, and I would default to them, “oh whatever sounds good”, YAY! Then I didn’t have to deal with the stress of picking something out. If it was gross, it wasn’t my fault! ha ha ha

I’ve since learned:
*prepare for mistakes and imperfection
the sooner you do the happier you’ll be.
*If you know stuff is gonna  go wrong, things aren’t gonna play out like a dream or a movie all the time,the more peaceful you'll be when they do go a little of plan!
*Prepare yourself, and just roll with the changes. It’s better to be the willow that bends in the wind, than the stiff tree that snaps and breaks in the breeze!
Don’t break, just bend!

LIFE IS 10% HOW YOU MAKE IT......
AND 90% HOW YOU TAKE IT.

#3. IMPERFECT IS HOW WE BECOME GREAT

Pearls are made from some dirt (garbage) that’s gotten trapped in an oyster. As it’s trying to deal with this “problem”, it gets turned into a beautiful pearl. Same thing with diamonds, from all the incredible pressure, the carbon get “uncomfortably” turned into something so valuable and sparkling, that people pay huge amounts to gaze as these and delight in the beauty of their twinkle.

My life has been events that have caused my mirror to shatter, but as I’ve picked up the broken pieces of my life, all those little shattered parts give off more sparkle, shine and light than before when it was more “perfect”!

If you feel that your life, your choices, the people are you, your home, your job, anything is far from perfect. Say YAY! I’m in great company. The most incredible people have come out of things that were far from perfect.

So you didn’t have the dream start to things: your first day of school, making your dreams happen, you can’t find that darn soul mate of yours anywhere, you can’t seem to get your life going how you want. It’s ok. I’ve been in more imperfect situations, houses, relationships (i could go on)...but in all those moments, I said “this is going to make me better, stronger, and more able to endure the challenges that greatness requires.

Remember you are like a precious pearl or diamond.....out of adversity comes the most priceless gems! You are a priceless gem!

4. YOU’RE NOT IN A DARK CAVE OF HOPELESSNESS, BUT A TUNNEL WITH A BRIGHT ENDING.


“DARK MOMENTS ARE SHORT HALLWAYS, LEADING TO SUNLIT ROOMS!”

 Sometimes it feels like we’re in a dark cave, with no signs of hope, or an exit, but life is not a cave, but a tunnel. And at any moment, that tunnel can take a quick turn, where you can’t see the light yet, but as soon as you keep going, you see the rays of light and hope showing you the way to go.

REMEMBER:
CHOOSE TO LOVE- rather than hate
CHOOSE TO SMILE - rather than frown
CHOOSE TO BUILD- rather than to tear down
CHOOSE TO PERSEVERE -rather than give up
CHOOSE TO PRAISE - rather than gossip
CHOOSE TO HEAL - rather than wound
CHOOSE TO GIVE - rather than than get
CHOOSE TO ACT - rather than delay
CHOOSE TO FORGIVE - rather than judge
CHOOSE TO PRAY - rather than despair


unperfectly typed (yes I'm sure there are errors in my blogs as well as in my life! ha ha ha)...huge love, your kandee