My Shoe Collection #35










Gucci Tan Coloured Tattoo Print Leather Lace-Ups
(Reveal from 'Advance Spring Summer 2009 Shopping...')

As some of you might have guessed, I did get the Gucci Tan Coloured Tattoo Print Leather Lace-ups. Same as Deluxeduck, I am a huge fan of the sailor/seaman inspired tattoo illustrations. So this pair of lace-ups is perfect to get a bit of attitude and quirkiness when you wear it.

Both sides of the shoe features a different set of illustrations. Mermaids, anchors and hearts are some of the interesting elements imprinted on the 'aged' tan leather. I feel the same way as Mr Duck on the tattoos blending in better with the tan colour than white.

To sweeten the deal, I got this pair of lace-ups at less than full retail price. I used SGD $180 worth of Takashimaya vouchers (Both from Takashimaya Amex card rebates, my Bally Baltic bag purchase and $50 birthday gift vouchers from my office.) to offset the hefty price tag of SGD $900. Beyond paying less than retail, I got another $70 vouchers back with the shoes as the rebate voucher promotion was on again the following weekend from my 'Bally Baltic bag buying' weekend. With $10 voucher back for every $100 spent, plus 6% rebate from Takashimaya Amex card, it means I have knocked off another $100 from the price tag.

Literally I got a '30% discount' of sorts for new arrivals! How cool!

I love Takashimaya! I love Gucci!

Retail price: SGD $900. Where to buy: Gucci Boutique at Takashimaya