My Shopping Conquest #38






D&G Slim Fit Grey Stripe Woven Shirt
(Reveal from 'By The Way Last Saturday...')

I would classify this purchase as an accidental 'shopping conquest'. I was not expecting to find anything I would like last Saturday at D&G, Forum Shopping Mall. I have been visiting D&G stores both in Singapore and London but nothing catches my eye.

Plaids are big for D&G this season. There are some gorgeous plaid shirts being sold in Singapore's store. I was contemplating to get those but seeing how the trend will be over in a couple of month's time, I decided against the idea. In these economic times, I have to be more focused in my 'shopping sprees' and only get things that I really like:-)

Nevertheless, after visiting Gucci last Saturday, I dropped by D&G just in case I miss out on anything exciting. (I am a true shopaholic...sadly:-P). I browsed thru the racks and though I saw a tuxedo style plaid shirt I like very much, my size was not available. In a way, it was a blessing in disguise. I need to stick to the plan to shop beyond the fall winter season. I want to find something that can be carried over to the next season or even longer. Something classic and transcend trends:-)

I was about to call it a day when my sharp 'shopping radar' (being honed thru countless sale shopping sprees) spotted this handsome D&G Slim Fit Grey Stripe Woven Shirt! It almost seemed I am fated to own this shirt. Although only 2 sizes were left, my size was there hanging on the rack, waiting for me to pick it up. How lucky! I happily asked to try on the shirt and being a fan of D&G's cut for shirts, I was not disappointed:-) The shirt fits like a glove! I also love the placket design which is pretty special. I have also been looking for a grey stripe shirt for a while now (Remember, I am on a grey colour craze lately!) so this makes it a definite must-buy!

I paid SGD $314 (after a 37% discount) which is a very good price for D&G Shirts.

Source: Model pic from www.neimanmarcus.com

Retail price: SGD $499. Where to buy: D&G Boutique at Forum, The Shopping Mall