The Material Boy #191




Gucci Cruise 2009 Beige Ebony GG Plus Canvas Bags With Light Brown Leather Trim

Sorry I have to babble about Gucci bags again. I have to stress that I am in no way related to Gucci and will not get any 'benefits' out of blogging about this brand:-) I just happened to find material to blog about from Gucci and their new cruise collections are resonating to me in many ways.

During my express shopping stop at Gucci Paragon today, I spotted the new range of Gucci Cruise 2009 Beige Ebony GG Plus Canvas Bags. Although Willis (Gucci SA and friend) have shown me the 2 totes in small and big size while I was shopping in the Takashimaya store last Saturday, I was not very impressed with the designs.

Upon a second look today, the bags are starting to grow on me. The light brown leather trim and beige/Ebony GG canvas are a very sophisticated colour combination. Easy to match lotas of outfits and the light gold hardware (Namely studs and zippers) adds a certain amount of glamour to these otherwise 'basic entry level' Gucci bags. I also love the size of these bags... the large tote and duffel being my favourites.

I tried on the duffel bag today and it is definitely a worthy piece of luggage to tote around looking chic at airports and airplanes. I feel this range of Gucci bags can withstand the rigours of air travel and security checks. What's more, the pricing being so affordable, you can put your mind to rest if it ever gets some knocks and bumps.

For those of you looking to get designer bags at a good price, this range may be for you. The red and green web ribbon on the bags will ensure your 'investment' gets recognition and attention as it shouts Gucci from 'malls' away!

Happy shopping!

Source: Pics from www.gucci.com

Retail price:
1) Gucci Cruise 2009 Beige Ebony GG Plus Large Tote: SGD $670

2) Gucci Cruise 2009 Beige Ebony GG Plus Small Tote: SGD $640

3) Gucci Cruise 2009 Beige Ebony GG Plus Duffel: US $695 (Need to check SGD prices)

Where to buy: Gucci Boutique at Paragon