The Material Boy #189



D&G Gingham Check Woven Shirt

Cruise 2009 collection is starting to trickle into online retail websites:-) And I always love cruise collections. There is a certain lightness from the heavy winter looks so everything feels fresh and sunny yet again.

A new lust worthy offering I spotted 5 minutes ago while surfing www.saks.com, is this beautiful D&G Gingham Check Woven Shirt! I love D&G's cut for shirts, fits perfectly and ultra fitted.

Featuring blue gingham patterns with shoulder epaulets and patch pockets. What makes the shirt interesting is that the designers have displaced the check pattern diagonally for the pockets and collars. I love the visual effect created, how ingenious! There are also smaller check pattern lining the placket and interior neckline.

I forsee pairing this with white shorts and a pair of strappy sandals. I feel like I am on holiday already!

Retail price: US $315. Where to buy: www.saks.com