My Shopping Conquest #34







Agnès B 'Rock N' Roll Is Not Dead' Guitar Brooch

Ahah...it seems I cannot stop myself from rewarding myself after a hard week of work. I had worked till 11pm on Friday, so today, I want to make myself happy. And 'happiness' can be bought sometimes:-) It's my theory of self motivation:-P

So while waiting to get into the cinemas to drool over Daniel Craig, aka 'James Bond' Quantum of Solace', I did a round of wandering amongst the fresh new decor of Isetan Scotts:-) The once 'aged ridden and weary' department store now looked absolutely modern after this recent makeover. Although renovation works are still in progress, most parts of the men's level has been completed. Using nice concrete slabs as flooring, lots of glass display showcases with good lighting and brand new wood finishing, all the merchandise just seem more attractive when being displayed in this new environment:-)

And of course new renovations means new labels under the store's list of brands. There are new and a few exclusive brands that you find only in Isetan. Carshoe is one of them as does Globetrotter luggages. I cannot remember the other names but do check them out. The wallet section is also amazing. Very good selection. There is a range of mock croc leather accessories that tickles my fancy:-) Colours are brilliant and prices reasonable:-)

Further to these new sightings, I was most impressed with the new Agnès B counter. New layout, new shelfing and lighting. Agnès B is fast expanding in Singapore. I hope they get a real boutique soon. The merchandise and clothes have improved and the designs more exciting now. I can always find things I love every time I shop there! Fortunately, Agnès B's prices are very reasonable and quality good. So with the gloomy economic situation that is affecting all our wallets, this brand will be something to fill in the gaps between top luxury brands and mid level labels:-) That said, Agnès B has a style that is as chic as any top luxury brand. The key is selecting the right pieces for you. The accessories are the best!

Needless to say, I had to buy something upon being mesmerised by the new Agnès B counter. Being a 'smart' shopper, I decided to do 'shopping research' at Isetan and buy the items I like in Takashimaya's shop to get points for voucher redemption.

What caught my eye were a 'rhinestone lined' star bag charm, a guitar and vinyl record necklace, a whistle and thunderbolt necklace. However, the top of my attraction list goes to the Agnès B 'Rock N' Roll Is Not Dead' Guitar Brooch! I simply love the tagline on the brooch. Very cool! The pricing was the most unbelievable so I easily made the decision that this will be my 'little indulgence' for this weekend. The actual buying will have to wait till after the James Bond movie. (On a side note, the James Bond movie was kinda confusing. I do not understand what the villain's plot was. But as usual, the action was fantastic. The Aston Martin being crushed in the action scene in the opening scene makes me have a major 'heart pain'! OUCH!:-P)

After the movie, I head off to Agnès B, Takashimaya and immediately ask to purchase the guitar brooch. I had a choice of Black and Purple, with the red version being out of stock in Takashimaya. Fortunately, I had already set my sights on the purple version and that is the colour which I got:-) I am very impressed with the packaging of the brooch and Agnès B's new shopping carrier in silver and spot UV varnish. To think a purchase this small came in such elaborate packaging, it goes to say a lot about the brand. I am so in love with Agnès B now:-)

The brooch may be inexpensive but it has put a big smile on me:-)

Retail price: SGD $25. Where to buy: Agnès B Shop in Takashimaya or Isetan Scotts