My Bag Collection #40 (SOLD)






Miu Miu Lux Black Distressed Leather Gathered Top Tote (SOLD)

Since Fall Winter sales season is upon us again, I thought to do some flashback on items that I have bought last Spring Summer sale season. This is to prevent 'severe backlog' and I will then never be able to catch up on documenting my bag collection.

So presenting my 40th bag collection post, the gender bending and chic Miu Miu Lux Black Distressed Leather Gathered Top Tote. (Have blog about it here before, but not a dedicated post.) Not your typical man bag styles but nonetheless can be worked by a guy if carried and matched the right way:-) Namely, 'bragging' to say I can work it. Hahaha. (Oops. I hear rotten eggs coming my way already. Yikes! This bag better be waterproof!)

There are a few reasons why I bought this bag. First was the gorgeous black polished (hence the Lux description) distressed leather that is both easy maintenance and yet high glam, rock chic factor. I love the natural veining and creasing all over the bag. Next is the use of shinny gold hardware that makes the bag perfect for a night out. I also got attracted to the shape of the bag. It's in a 'balloon' shape, like a sac but with a thin detachable shoulder strap and a gathered top opening. Somehow, I feel this looks like a fisherman's sac when slung across the shoulders. And fisherman is a guy:-P Okay, I am post rationalising why I buy this bag.. To be honest, I dun care that this is a ladies bag. I just like it. This is good enough reason why I spend money for it:-)

Have taken it out for a spin and got praises for it. I am waiting for the next chance to take it out for a spin again! I wonder what the 'queue number' is for this bag now:-) Hehe

Bought this during last 2008 Spring Summer's Miu Miu sale.

Retail price: SGD $1990. Where to buy: Miu Miu Boutique at Paragon