The Runway Sniper #17








Lanvin Menswear Spring Summer 2009

I have done a runway sniper posts for Lanvin's mens shoes for spring summer 2009, but I thought since I am loving the clothes as well, will do another post on the clothes.

Lanvin's relaxed elegance based on sleepwear is gaining a huge following in the fashion circle. Seems all these 'slept in' look have sparked off a following from fellow designers of other brands. But being the 'pioneer' of these looks, Lanvin has taken the 'pajamas elegance' to even newer levels for their spring summer 2009 runway show.

Perfect use of muted jewel tones of emerald greens, burgundy, wine and beige colours, matched with impeccable tailoring of fabrics from denim to nylon to silk. Techniques used to give an extra twist to the clothes include pintucking, pleats, or ruching on the sleeves of a safari jacket or on a pair of pants so narrow they might have been leggings. Paired with fabric or suede thong sandals, beaded trainers or simple leather lace-ups, you feel the nonchalance without trying too hard. I especially love all the ruching(or shirring) details (which is typical for womenswear) on that electric blue jacket. I just have to have that next season! There are also the transparent orange flower brooch and thong sandals that are a must-have on my shopping list!

My favourite look of the whole show is the denim peacoat with shorts and thong sandals. Lovely combination and with the very gorgeous bag. In fact, I love almost everything, the looks look slept in but yet still beautiful. No wonder the audience gave a standing ovation to Lucas Ossendrijver and Alber Elbaz at the end of the runway show. WOW! Lanvin will be my new favourite label next season!

Source: Pics from www.frillr.com