The Material Boy #148





Louis Vuitton 'Personalised With Stripe And Initials' Monogram Canvas Keepall

Today is another lazy Sunday. After meeting up with my friend for coffee at Spinelli, Heeren, where he showed me his latest gadget iphone 3G, it left me drooling. What a marvelous piece of technology. My next phone will be the iphone for sure! Okay, back to shopping (this is a shopping blog afterall!)...I head down afterwards to Ngee Ann City to get another Marc By Marc Jacobs item which I have eyed since yesterday. So I knew I had to buy that. It was a cheap little thing so not much damage done to the wallet. After the shopping at MJ, I made a trip down to the Louis Vuitton store at Ngee Ann City. How appropriate, shopping Marc Jacobs's creations for the whole Sunday afternoon.:-p

I was not impressed with any of the Louis Vuitton bags or merchandise. The damier graphite bags are so boring. The monogram bags are now too 'flooded in the streets' with so many people owning them or worse, fake ones everywhere! That was until I spotted a brilliant service Louis Vuitton has introduced to their bags, particularly soft canvas bags like the Keepall and Speedy. Previously, painting initials and customisation are limited to only hard case luggages. I am not referring to hot stamping. That is different. Now it seems... the painting of the stripes and initials as seen on the hard case luggages is made possible on soft canvas bags like the Keepall and Speedy! Hurray, I immediately got very excited at the idea that I can make a monogram bag one of a kind that sets mine apart from the rest of the 'common folks!' and counterfeiters! Hehe, no offence intended for the common folks remark.

Yes, now you can add coloured stripe details (a few designs to choose) and initials (up to three characters) onto your Keepall. I adore the idea! I immediately enquired with the SA about the service and the cost.

She gladly gave me the price information. Apparently, it's going to make you pay quite a substantial amount to get your bag personalised than compared to buying the bag off the rack. The difference is approx. like $800 more!

I enquired about a Keepall 50 ( I think)...it costs around SGD $1890 (may be wrong). But with personalisation, it will be around SGD $2540 and takes about 6 weeks to be ready. (The feeling is so exclusive already:-)

To me, I think this is worth the huge price difference! What do you guys think? Imagine carrying a monogram Keepall that is unique to you and not what everyone is having. Plus the choice of different coloured stripes and initials adds a different look to the monogram canvas. Definitely adds a splash of colour. And being personalised, it just makes the bag so much more luxurious and no one can mistake it as a fake!

I will seriously consider this option for my next bag purchase:-) A Keepall 45 with strap:-P Nothing beats personalised bags! It's the ultimate in bag purchase. I will be sleepless about this bag for many weeks! I want a personalised Keepall 45!

(The way you can add the personalisation is similar to the China Classics Range. A stripe in the middle with initials across the stripe...cool eh?)

Update:
Finally found a pic of how the personalisation looks. However the pic does not do the personalisation justice. And it works better with a Keepall than Speedy. Proportions of the initials works better with Keepalls. Speedy is just too small for this kind of personalisation. And the colours are much brighter and nicer in real life.

And more accurate information from deluxeduck, the guru of LV. I also called LV Singapore to enquire.
As Delxueduck mentioned in his comments:
"its called "Mon Mongram". for the time being this special service is only limited to the Speedy 30 and the Keepall Bandouliere 55. they will print your choice of stripes and initials on the canvas before they apply the polymer coating then assemble the bag. which makes it more permanent than just painting it on a ready made bag like they do on trunks. if i didn't have a Keepall already i would've ordered one. hopefully they will expand the bag/luggage choice soon."
So sad they only have 2 bag choice, Keepall 55 and Speedy 30 to do this service. I want the smaller Keepall 45 or even 50.

Source: Pics from www.louisvuitton.com