My Shopping Conquest #26





D&G 'Teddy Bear' Gold Necklace
(Reveal from 'Weekend isn't weekend without bringing back a shopping bag')

It has been a chain of weekends that I have been spending money on all sorts of things. Though I keep telling myself that I must stop this 'trend' of shopping, it seems like my 'male shopaholic' test results did hold some truth and each weekend I have an urge to 'reward' myself with a purchase, be it big or small. 2 weekends ago was an advance birthday gift of my Louis Vuitton Monogramouflage Treillis bag, then Mini Lin Key And Change Holder and of course, this past weekend, I totally refrain from splurging on anything. It seems fate has it otherwise. I was tempted again at D&G and this is what I end up with. Fortunately, the damage was minimal and I was in a way, happy that I got this, since I find it so cute and adorable:-P The more I see it, the more I fancy it:-)

The object of my affection is none other than, this sweet D&G 'Teddy Bear' Gold Necklace! Totally bling with gold chain and an ultra cute Teddy Bear pendant. Gold screw studs adorn the arms and legs of dear Teddy, giving it a somewhat punk and rock look. Originally from the Spring Summer 2008 D&G collection, I hesitated for a while to buy this necklace as I would feel silly to pay full price for past season items. But the SAs reassured me that jewellery collections are never on sale. There may be an occasional promotion for the jewellery pieces but not full on end of season sale prices for them. And in a way, I agree, jewellery knows no seasons and trends. It's either you like it or do not. I like the teddy bear design. There nice detailings such as engraving of the brand name on the Teddy pendant and also markings on the necklace hook. The rectangular chain design is also unique. Hence after a walk about Orchard Road (my way for pondering over purchase and avoiding impulsive buying), I went back to D&G at Forum Shopping Mall and brought the necklace home:-) But not before my 'Bangkok Dangerous' movie:-) which was great action!

Retail price: SGD $280. Where to buy: D&G Boutique at Forum Shopping Mall