My Shopping Conquest #03



Jil Sander Khaki Coloured Canvas 'Graffiti' Belt

It is here again...The Bargain Hunter's event of the year...the Club 21 Bazaar Sale for 2008. As an avid shopaholic, of course I have to make my appearance even if it means ransacking heaps of past season designer goods, fighting with other 'competitors' to dig out that coveted piece or braving mile long queues just to pay up. Having said that, I usually end up with nothing. Hahaha. I either cannot find my size, cannot find what I like...or the mess is too overwhelming that I lack patience. But on Saturday, I drop by Hilton Hotel to try my luck again and guess what, it seems I finally found something that I like and bought it in my first Bazaar sale shopping conquest! Hurray!

This Jil Sander canvas belt with a silver textured metal buckle and 'graffiti' prints was my proud conquest. I just happened onto the belt lying there sadly on one of the racks and I grabbed it, alongside a Dries Van Noten white silver sequined shirt(which was too big for me and I have to give it up. No point buying things that dun fit even if it is so cheap). I thought to myself, wow... I never thought Jil Sander ever did a 'grunge/street' look. This belt was from Spring Summer 2006, before Raf Simons officially took over the design reins, and propel it to the next level of popularity.

This canvas belt is lightweight which is perfect for travelling. And it matches jeans or pants(as shown on the runway pic) and my usual casual look. But what is most tempting, is the hefty 74% discount on the belt. Originally retailing for SGD $269, I paid only $70. Yeah, it's past season..but what the heck. I like it..and that is all that matters. The silver textured metal buckle was unique and I had to have it:-)

Retail price: SGD $269. Where to buy: Club 21 Bazaar Sale at Hilton Hotel (Now over)