The Material Boy #60


Balenciaga Tie Die Leather Duffle Bag

Another variant of the Balenciaga Spring Summer 2008 bags. This time the leather of the bag is given a multi colour tie dye effect(on leather, it's an innovation!) that is very hippie chic. But I was flipping thru magazines today and saw a resemblance of similar tie dye patterns on african kaftans. So it could be african influenced as well. I will not say this is my cup of tee, anything 70's psychedelia looking is way out of my league. I actually hate tie dye patterns.

But if you are still living in the era of the 70's flower child or like rainbow colours, Balenciaga offers this option to fulfill that hippie side in you. Expect to pay a hefty price to relive a piece of nostalgia or colour indulgence.

(Oh BTW, that paint splattered YSL shoe is hideous! Why would I want to pay designer price for a pair of shoe which I can probably get my five year old cousin to create in art class....)

Retail price: ¥308,700. Where to buy: Balenciaga Boutiques