The Material Boy #63



Bottega Veneta Barcelona Tote in Marble

I think this weekend I am suffering from overdose of bags with lots of details and am now appreciating bags of simplicity. Understated elegance somehow struck me and for the past few days, I developed a liking for all bags simple. Who else but Bottega Veneta to turn to for simplicity and understated luxury...and they did not disappoint. I was able to find something worth blogging from this brand while browsing their website.

Here is the beautiful Barcelona Tote in soft grained calf leather and in a soothing colour of Marble. I love the simplicity of the bag, with use of only minimal stitching and woven leather handles attached to the bag by antiqued hardware.

Of the 3 colours available (Marble, Cement and Rock), I find the marble colour with its soft beige hue resonating with me most. As this bag is not crafted fully with intrecciato weaving technique, the prices are substantially lower. So this could be a bag of choice if you want to own a piece of Bottega Veneta luxury.

Retail price: SGD $2590. Where to buy: Bottega Veneta Boutique at Paragon