The Material Boy #80



D&G Black Mid Calf Strap Gladiator Sandals

I know I am suppose to be planning for my fall/winter wardrobe by now and refrain from big purchases for the spring summer items. Especially when spring summer sales will probably starting in over a month's time. But leave it to the fates and powers beyond my control, I have been tempted again.

D&G finally received their shipment of the runway items. And amidst that shipment came this gorgeous D&G Gladiator Sandals that is TDF! A strappy version that runs up your mid calf(which is never seen for men's and mostly for women), I am so tempted by it! And it is not everyone that is 'blessed' with the ability to fit into these sandals. Yes, this is a women's design, but the SAs told me, some women who have bigger calfs cannot even fit into their desired size. So this shoe requires a 'Cinderella' luck to find its place in your shoe closet. And I am not the only guy wanting to buy this. Several people have enquired and tried(i know the SAs in D&G tried..:-P) However, the cut is so slim for the sole area, so most guys can never fit into these as well.

Lucky me, seems my feet is slim enough to slide into these with ease and still look amazing. hahaha. I am bragging a bit. But I am never shy to be proud of my height. The sandals looked like a part of a costume in the gladiator movie. It is surprisingly unisex looking. The black version is in fact, masculine in feel. I love it. Love the uniqueness and the thought that I am probably one of the few guys who can fit into these. The gold hardware also stood out against the black leather. The male SAs were full of envy when they saw me fit into the sandals.

So now, what's left is my decision to buy or not buy. I need to save money, been spending too much and I also got a pair of A/X shorts and new D&G Khaki Coloured Long Sleeve Shirt with black piping over the past 2 days. Plus my laptop is playing up again and I fear I may need to purchase a new laptop soon:-(. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I have up to next Tuesday to make a decision.

Retail price: SGD $1399. Where to buy: D&G Boutique at Forum, The Shopping Mall