The Runway Sniper #02



Marni Women's Fall Winter 2008/2009

I know this is suppose to be a blog site dedicated to man bags and it's related topics. But since it is Women's Milan Fashion Week for Fall Winter 2008/2009, I thought I report something on what I find interesting in the collections from the past few days. Although I am a guy...good designs can be appreciated regardless of gender:-P

If I am a gal, I probably buy a lot of Marni. I am a fan of her quirky asthetics and her juxtaposition of different interesting materials and textures. Although she does menswear, I often find it is half as interesting as her work for women. Exceptions of course sometimes.:-). But I adore her designs in shoes and bags. And I get envious that these bags are made for women. Talk about bag crazy.

Here's a sneak peek at some of her quaint and quirky shoes and bags. Love the wooden heel and the different materials combined to create the design. I am especially liking the open toe high boots. Would look so chic for a woman! And the yellow top handle bag shows some promise to pass off as a man bag(messenger or school boy bag?) as well! Colours for winter...her palette is always refreshing.:-) All in all, I like her work this season.

All images from www.style.com