The Material Boy #20


Balenciaga Menswear Spring Summer 2008

Finally, after months of waiting, my most adored look for the spring 2008 season is in stores:-) This was the look I am trying to achieve for myself this season. However, things did not go as smoothly since the camel coloured open toe boots was scrapped from Club 21 Mens store's order. That proves 'devastating' to my plans as the boots was the core basis of the look. I also learn that the shorter black version of the boots costs approx. a hefty SGD$2000! Way too much for a 'single season'(means seasonal designs) pair of shoes. I had to look for alternatives. Prada's open toe sneakers is the closest so I am pinning all my hopes on that. (Have posted about the shoes in my earlier post)

Next in line after footwear, the shorts! I know I have gotten a pair of DSquared2 shorts recently. But the Balenciaga version has a flared cut and tailored look. So I will go try out the shorts tommorow at Club 21 Mens and judge for myself. The 3 quarter length pants look interesting, almost like riding pants, but I am skeptical I will be able to pull off the look. Nevertheless, try before making a decision.:-)

Seems like tommorrow will be an exciting day for me. God knows how much the pants will cost me. Grrr...scary...Balenciaga prices are extorbitant. Wish me luck!