My Shoe Collection #11


Bottega Veneta Crocodile Sandals

This was my first piece of exotic leather, albeit the piece of crocodile leather used was minimal. I got this pair of sandals when Club 21 Mens still stocks a small selection of Bottega Veneta. With the opening of the store in store in Takashimaya, Club 21 Men no longer have this amazing brand under their portfolio. Beautifully handcrafted, with a die-cut of the crocodile design on the sole, it's understated luxury.

However, to my disappointment the sandal does not live up to its beauty when it comes to comfort level of wearing. I had blisters for the two attempts I worn these sandals. Now I am too skeptical and afraid to wear these as it is a torture to end up hurting your feet. The crocodile leather is too hard and stiff and it causes abrasion where it contacts your feet.

Still, a gorgeous pair of sandals by an amazing brand.

Retail price: US$420. Where to buy: www.bottegaveneta.com