My Shopping Conquest #116


Below: More shopping from my recent Tokyo trip... this time it's from Neil Barrett! (I love the shopping bag with a leather lace tag tied to the handles...)


Below: Something I have been searching high and low, online and offline, (unfortunately Club 21 mens in Singapore do not stock this)... it's these highly versatile and interesting brooches featured prominently in Neil Barrett's Fall Winter 2010 Mens Show...


Below: Varying shades of grey and sizing, different fabric patterns and leather texture, allows for creative decorating of any plain blazers, coats and even t-shirts.


Below: 'Logo-phille' rejoice! There is branding on the back:-) so your 'investments' are assured that it is from a designer brand:-)


Below: I got a new set online after I got back from Tokyo... now it's double the brooches fun:-)


Below: As seen on the runway of Neil Barrett's Fall Winter 2010 Mens Collection! Interesting embellishment of blazers that adds a focal point...


Below: Decorated on coats as well... I love this collection.


Below: Watch the Neil Barrett Fall Winter 2010 Mens Show to get inspired... look out for the brooches. It's everywhere:-)



Below: A clearer pic of the individual badges in this set...


Below: Neil Barrett's Aoyama store in Tokyo is now one of my favourite boutiques in the world... not only is the store well stocked but the Zaha Hadid designed space is immensely inspiring!


Below: Store entrance...


Below: The space within with dramatic curves, concrete walls and clever play of space...



Below: The sculptural centre piece in the store is clever layered to form shelfing space... very clever and original


Below: Check out these 2 clips of Neil Barrett being interviewed about his brand and concept for his Aoyama store (bear in mind the interview was done a while ago)...





Neil Barrett Fall Winter 2010 Fabric/Leather Brooches

One of the top agendas of my recent Tokyo trip was to pay a visit to Neil Barrett's ultra modern standalone boutique in Aoyama district. Besides getting inspired by the ingenious interior space designed by renowned architect, Zaha Hadid (whose name is synonymous with some of the most innovative buildings/structures around the world). Blending architecture and sculpture, the minimal space is a embodiment of dramatic curves and serenity of ambient space. I just had to see the store (one of the rare few Neil Barrett standalone stores in the world) for myself.

But my expedition to Neil Barrett's Aoyama store also comes with another mission: to locate the set of fabric and wool badges featured prominently on the Neil Barrett Fall Winter 2010 Mens Runway. Decorated on blazers, coats, sweaters, t-shirts, it's everywhere on my most favourite Neil Barrett collection to date. Everything from the collection is a must-have. Wrinkled treatments never looked this good! And after seeing the immaculately styled sales guys at the Tokyo store, I was ever more convinced I love the collection.

These brooches in varying shades of grey menswear fabrics and leather texture add depth and interest to any outfit. They instantly transformed a plain garment into one with a focal point and excitement. I love the mix of rectangular and circular shapes of varying size, allowing u to creatively mix and match as you deem fit. I was disappointed when I learned Singapore's Club 21 store did not carry these versatile brooches. I knew I had to track them online, which I only briefly found them available but was sold out as soon as I want them! So hunting down these brooches was a real challenge. All's well ends well... I am thrilled my 'Tokyo Neil Barrett store visit' bears results, not only do I get inspired by the highly original store interiors but I bag myself these coveted brooches:-)

Love every detail of my shopping experience in the Aoyama store. I proclaimed the store space my favourite in the world, to the extend, I went back a couple of times just to see the decor and merchandise in greater detail. Since pricing in Japan is over the top, I had to hunt down the pieces I want online once I get back to Singapore. Guess what, I picked up another set of the brooches 0nline at less than half the price I paid in Japan (Irony in life, you always find what you want when you least try to look for it). But I simply love them, double the joy now.

Blazer decoration 'DIY' will now commence, and in time for New Years!

Source: Neil Barrett, myMANybags