The Material Boy #253






Lanvin Beaded High Top Trainers In Red And Gold

Tribal? Street? Chinese New Year? Leprosy? (Don't you think the shoe looks like it has a serious case of skin disease?) Lanvin does amazing trainers all the time, I always like what they conceptualised season after season. However, for this pair of Lanvin Beaded High Top Trainers In Red and Gold, I am on the fence about the design. Can you really wear something beaded (Tribal? Ethnic?) and still pull off a funky street look? Apparently, the runway model managed. But not all of us are blessed to be born as a living clothes rack with a stylist to make sure you work it effortlessly. I do applaud the thought to use unconventional materials and techniques for trainer styles, perhaps this is just not my cup of tea. Somehow, I get the strong vibe that this would be the perfect shoe to go about Chinese New Year house visiting because of the colour.

With a price tag that buys you almost 2 pairs of the regular Lanvin trainers, I reckon I get more mileage out of my money elsewhere. Having said that, you cannot deny this is a statement piece for someone who wants individualism.

Source: Model pics from www.men.style.com

Retail price: UK 635 pounds. Where to buy: www.brownsfashion.com