My Shopping Conquest #14






Gucci Guccioli Puppy Charm - Oliver, The Pug


To compliment my new acquisition of the Guccissima Leather Tote, I had to celebrate even more by enhancing the lovely bag with the latest bag Guccioli Puppy Bag Charms by Frida Giannini. I have blogged about this series of bag charms before and I truly adore the cute puppy designs. Each with their own name and in different species of man's best friend, I knew I have to get one for myself.

My first choice was Leroy the french bulldog. But on Wednesday, my SA, Willis told me Leroy was not brought into the store so I had to settle for my second choice, Oliver. There were only 2 dogs charms left in the shop with Artu as an alternative. Of course I chose Oliver with his cute little eyes starring back at me, I just could not bear to not buy him.

I used the 6% rebate I had accumulated from buying the bag plus the points i had left over from previous purchases, I managed to get $90 worth of vouchers to offset this bag charm purchase. Willis is very understanding and patient as I had to pay separately in short intervals to get the full amount of vouchers. But the hassle and effort was well worth it. I paid only SGD $140 instead of the full price of SGD$230. It was a happy purchase!

The puppy charms comes in a nice Gucci branded box, with a dust cloth personalised with the relevant dog's name. How thoughtful that is. It also comes with a booklet that explains all the dog's personality and species, which was a very cute read.

Here's what is said about my 'Oliver':

Oliver - the pug
Oliver may sometimes look stern, but appearances can be deceptive. He is really great fun! Playful and sociable, sensitive and very faithful, his big heart conquers all!

On a side note, I almost gave up Oliver as Willis, the SA text me to inform me Leroy came in on Friday to the shop. I had ask him to hold one for me to exchange instead of buying another bag charm. But when I saw Leroy at the shop yesterday, I was not very impressed. Too much details on the dog makes him look kinda messy. All the stitching is just too overwhelming. And after comparing it with my Oliver again, I find Oliver is still cuter. So I decided to forgo the exchange and brought Oliver home again. Sorry Oliver! I promise it will not happen again!:-P FYI, Oliver was sold out in the store when I was there on Saturday.

Oliver now sits as my faithful 'guardian' for my Guccissima Leather Tote. He is a handsome pup dangling from my beautiful tote bag:-)

Retail price: SGD $230. Where to buy: Gucci Boutique at Takashimaya