My Bag Collection #34






Bally Dober Leather Travel Bag (SOLD)

If you want quality leather bags, Bally is always a name you can count on. Their craftsmanship and leather quality is always superb. And these days, with the appointment of Brian Atwood (whose own label offering ladies accessories is hot!), Bally has been getting some much needed design boost for their accessories and bags range.

I got this lovely Bally Dober Leather Travel Bag during the recent end of season sale. Bags can all look pretty and nice, but at the end of the day, being able to fulfill its function as a user friendly bag is crucial. This tote style bag comes with multiple pockets and compartments which is a joy to use. You can really get organised! The thing that sold me to this bag was the top 'button closure' opening, but it has a interior middle zip compartment for added security to keep the important items. The sides can be used to hold my laptop snugly and the exterior front and 2 side pockets will serve a good purpose to keep all the less used belongings such as my mini umbrella and keys:-)

The leather is also of exceptional quality, grained and in a beautiful dark chocolate brown hue. The hardware is given a vintage finish and adds character to the bag. Of course, the Bally dog tag reinforces the masculine look of the bag, it 'empowers' you!:-)

At 30% off plus 10% extra during Takashimaya's promotion weekend (I paid SGD $1320.48), I can't help but surrender my credit card to this bag temptation.

(BTW, this is my best photography attempt for my bags:-P Lots of photoshopping involved but it does the trick!:-P)

Retail price: SGD $2096. Where to buy: Bally Boutique at Takashimaya